Monday 4 March 2013

My favourite book ...


My favourite book would have to be ‘The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane.’ by Kate Di Camillo.  I know that it is a children’s book, but the message and story in it is so mature and so thought provoking, that  I can’t help but read it over and over again, to see if I missed any fine detail or little message.
The story is about a toy, china rabbit. Who only cares about himself and is cold hearted. One day when on a boat is thrown overboard and goes through a multitude of owners. During this he learns to care about others and not to care about himself. I won’t spoil the ending but  I think it’s amazing and perfect.
From that short description you wouldn’t think it’s anything special, but it is so much more then that! The characters are so memorable and Edward’s struggle and journey so heart breaking, that is still can read it to this day and feel completely invested in the story.
The version I have has lovely illustrations but not too many, as to make it a picture book. It is only roughly 192 it feels so much longer. I can grantee the this book will be well worth the buy.  
I would give this book a 9/10 the highest rating I give books, because in my opinion no book is perfect, but this book is as close as it gets, in my opinion. I hope you read it and love it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment